- 1 Kgs Boneless Mutton, trimmed of fat
- Cut into thin sliced (1-inch cubes)
- Granite stone (slab and unpolished)
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Meat Tenderizer Powder / 2 tbsp Raw Papaya paste, (Raw papaya grind it and mix 2 tbsp into the meat)
- 1 tbsp Gram Masala
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Green chilli paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt - to taste
- 4 tbsp Oil / 2 tbsp Ghee
- In a bowl add boneless slice of mutton, Ginger garlic paste
- Meat Tenderizer Powder / Raw Papaya paste
- Green chilli paste, Lemon juice
- Leave it for marinated 10- 15 minutes
- Now add Ghee or Oil, Red chilli powder.
- Turmeric powder, black pepper, gram masala, patthar ke phool powder and salt.
- Leaves mix well. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap.
- Let the Meat marinate for about 3 - 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, Heat Granite stone over charcoal, for 15- 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water on the surface of Granite Stone.
- If the water sizzles, the Granite stone is ready.
- Now place the marinated meat on top surface of the hot stone.
- At this stage there will be some liquid from the meat in the pan.
- You need to now allow the meat to fry in its own liquid until all the liquid evaporates.
- Fry the meat both the side turning frequently until they change colour into golden brown and crisp.
- Remove the meat from the stone.
- Garnish with Lemon juice, Coriander leaves and Mint leaves.
Recipe by: http://hyderabadicuisinerecipes-angel.blogspot.ca/2013/11/pathar-ka-gosht-meat-cooked-on-stone.html